Saturday, December 30, 2006

What has to be done.

Let me fill you all in on what the past couple of days have been like. Leeann had her surgery and things went very well and she is doing so well. My job for the next couple of weeks is very simple. I have to monitor her intake. she has to get 64oz of liquid a day (or as much as possible), this can include Jello, popcycles, proten drinks, and so far she has been doing very well.

The first night at the hospital neither of us got much sleep. Leeann could not get comfortable, she wanted to lie down in the bed, then sit in the chair, then the bed. On top of that, add a nurse coming into the room every couple of hours to get this or do that and they just had to turn every light in the room on. Day two was a bit better for both of us, but night number two was the night of nurse cratched from Hell. Nothing I did was right for this woman. I didn't plug in the IV machine soon enough for her. I didn't use the wipe the right way. Did I give her the medican yet? Did I record the fluid intake? Yadda, yadda, yadda. It just wouldn't stop. I was so glad when the morning came and she was gone.

We were able to come home late Friday afternoon and I have been going non stop ever since. Keeping up with her intake and output, changing her dressing, draining her JP tube, taking care of Katie, doing laundry, and keeping Leeann with her water and stuff. I bet I have made about 80 or so trips up and down the stairs. I don't care, I would do it for her in a heart beat. You see. she is my life. She is the reason I do everything I do. I get up for her, I go to work for her, you name it and I would do it for her. You have no idea how very lucky I am to have someone like her in my life. She has belived in me, and stood beside me when I needed her the most. There is nothing I would not do for her. So doing things like changing her dressings, draining her JP tube, even helping her to go to the bathroom.

Katie has been great helping me take care of Leeann. For a 7 year old, she is really great. But I know she is just a kid, but there are times when she pushes me to the very edege, but she is the light of my eye.

More as things go along.

Don

No comments: