Sunday, January 14, 2007

What has this been like.

Well, since my last post, things have been very busy to say the least. Let me fill you in. Leeann was sent back to the hospital for a complication from her surgery. It all happened so fast, but I also got so angry about one thing most of all.

Lee started to have some very serious pains in her stomach. It was so bad it doubled her over. I had never seen her in so much pain We thought is was something she ate, or a pill that would not go down well. So, at 1:30pm I took her to the emergency room after calling in to her Dr. to let him know what was going on. I found out later that they called the ER to let them know we were on the way and to get her in as soon as possible (remember that). We got to the ER and we had to wait, wait while Leeann was in so much pain. I kept pushing the lady at the front desk to get Leeann in and quickly. Finaly after 50 minutes, they took her back and took her vital signs, the lady doing it pulled the blood pressure cuff off and hit Leeann in the stomach. Not that she hurt there enough already, but then she just said "Sorry" with this sarcastic tone to her voice. They finaly got her to a room at 3:30pm and then just left her there. She was dehydrated, I could tell, and we told the nurses that more than once. I also told them how much pain she was in, but not one person wanted to help. They took blood samples, and that was it. Finaly after 2 hours, we just left on our own. We never saw a doctor or much less a nurse. Leeann's doctor even called to make sure Leeann was there. We went home only to come back at 7:30pm by ambluance.

Well, it took until 11:15 to get any pain meds and liquids in her. Dr. Boyce decided to admit her at 1:30am and got to her room at 3am. Our great friend was a life saver by staying with Katie while I was with Leeann. Lisa has been such a great friend to Leeann. She has been so willing to help out when ever I called her. She spent several nights with Katie and many afternoos with Leeann at the hospital.

Leeann was in the hospital for 12 nights. I askd Leeanns mom and her aunt Linda to come over and help me through the weekend, they were so great and helped me out so much. I did not know how tired I was until they kicked me out and sent me home to get some rest. That was the hardest night of my life. Leaving my wife in a hospital room. My heart was breaking. But after a nights sleep, I knew it was the best thing to do. Leeann's mom and aunt were so great and did so much to help out. They did a great job taking care of Leean at night.

I was able to get Leeann home Friday night, I can not tell you how happy I was to get her home. Things are getting back to normal. Katie is happy to have us both home.

Things are getting better.

No comments: