Monday, December 25, 2006

The Start of it All

The Start of it All
This is the start of it all. The start of what I hope is something fun and something enjoyable for both me and you. I want to be able to tell you all about me, but we don't have enough space here to tell you everything, but as times goes on, you will all learn more about me and who I am.

I am in my early 40's. Very happly married to, without a doubt, the love of my life. In a couple of weeks, we will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversery. Every one of those days have better than the day before. We have been through so much together. Good times and bad, but through it all, we have been together. She never ends to amaze me with the things she does. Running her EBay business, taking care of our little girl, the house, the dogs and so on. All with a smile on her face (sometimes).

Anyway, this is about me, so onward. Like I said, I am in my early 40's. I work for a major cable network. I work as a broadcast operator. That means it is my job to make sure that the programs scheduled to air, goes out on the air at the right time. I like my job very much, but there are days. I got into this line of work as part of my mid life crisis. I used to wrok in advertising sales and just decided to end it. I have always had a love of television and working in it. Did I make more money in sales? Yea. Did I win all kinds of sales awards? Yes. I was well respected, but I just couldn't do it anymore. After a long talk with my wife, I went back to school and started taking classes in video production.

I have started my own business. Midnight Magic Video Productions. I mainly do wedding videos and enjoy it very much. I have done three weddings this year and a concert video for a choir group. Think I will stick to the wedding videos. I have a lot of fun doing the wedding videos. Working with the brides and their families is a blast. I hope to keep it going for a long while and I hope to someday make it a large business. I want to be able to work from home. I have worked so long for others, I want to do something for myself and my family. We will see how it goes.

Come back often to see how the business grows and how it works.

The Average Don

No comments: