Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The day before

What a day!!! I got to sleep late today, thanks to my wonderful and ever so sweet 7 year old, Katie. It was so nice to sleep past 6am. I feel so much better and so much more awake.

I did have a very busy day however. After I woke up, Katie and I ran to the mall to return a few things for Leeann. Not as bad as I prepaird myself for. Went right into the store, made the return and back out all in under 10 minutes. That may be a new world record. Katie and I then walked to the other side of the mall and got a new scale for Leeann. I got her one for Christmas that will not only tell her what she weighs, but also her BMI (body mass index) among other things. With the surgery tomorrow, I wanted her to have it when she got home. AC kept Leeann a bit late to get as much work from her as he could, so we were not able to meet for lunch liked I had hoped. Katie was so great at the mall, she walked right be side me and carried her little purse. She was so cute. As we walked, she looked up at me and said, "Dad, this place is so busy today." What a girl.

When Leeann got done, we went down to Maryville for lunch, she wanted to go to Pizza Uno for her last lunch. What she really wanted was the deep dish sundae they have. If you have never had it, it is a MUST. Just when we orderd, Katie said her stomach hurt and she wanted to go home. We got the pizza's to go and off we went for home. Leeann did not get to get her sundae. I fell so bad. I know this is going to be tough on her, but I know she can do it.

Spend the rest of the day running some last minute errands for Leeann. Got a few things as the drug store and at Target. New TV stand for the living room and tired like hell to get TIVO hooked up, but to no avail. Tired every thing I knew, but could never get it to work. So I just ran the cable to the TV so Leeann's dad can watch while he is here.

Leeann is sleeping as I write this. She is scared, she won't admit she is scared, but I know she is. She is about to have a life changing surgery. It has to weigh on her mind. Oh, I almost forgot, the hospital called today, they changed her surgery time from 1:30 arrival to 11am arrival. She is first on the table for Dr. Boyce.

That is going to put me in rush mode tomorrow. I have to get the dogs (hogan and sophie) to the boarders, pick up dad by 8:45am and be back in time to get Leeann to the hospital by 11am. So, it may be a bit before I can write again, I will keep you updated.

Don

No comments: