Saturday, January 3, 2009

Good weekend ending on a bad note

Well, a new year and I plan to keep this more up to date than I have been (yea, we've heard that before haven't we). Anyway, just a bit of catching up over the past couple of months: Katie is doing well, we had a bit of bad spell there for a while, but she is doing better. We do, however, have to make some changes in her school, more about that later as it happens.

Christmas was nice, Leeann's dad was in town and we spent the day with her grandmother. She is not doing very well, seems like she is just living in the moment. She was here at the house all day Christmas and I think she said maybe 5 words. So sad.

We went out with some friends New Years Eve, also known as our 17th anniversary. You know, it is pretty cool to think that I have been married to the same beautiful woman now for 17 years. Every day she amazes me with the things she does. I love her so much.

I have been working at repairing my relationship with my mom. There was a long stretch there where we didn't have any communication. Things are much better now. In fact, we spent the weekend with her and helped my wonderful aunt install her new computer. She will do well with it, it is just going to take some time for her to get adjusted to it.

Anyway, we had a great time this weekend, Katie got to spend some good time with my mom (GramSue as she named her) and got to play with her cousins Blake and Hunter. We went to a place called "Fun Expedition", it's kinda like a Chuck E. Cheese only bigger and with more to do. We played LazerTag, did some bumper cars, and played lots of video games. Katie loved the whole weekend. I can't wait for them to come back down to our place in a couple of weeks. I know Katie is looking forward to showing Blake and Hunter her room.

Now, for the bad note. I have a wedding show next Sunday. This is the biggest show of the year, I got 75% of my business from the show last year. I have been working hard to do some re-branding, changing the web site, the look of the ad and even a new banner. But most of all, I have been working on a new demo video. If you don't know, the demo video is what i show to brides so that they can see my work and know what I can do for them. Anyway, I finally got it finished, it looks great and I really hope it brings in more business this year. Anyway, I went out to my office to burn the demo copy and every-time I try to burn the disk, the software crashes. I did it like 12 or 13 times with the same result. Well, I did some research and it looks like I am not the only one with this problem. Everyone else using the same program I am using has the same problem. The only way to fix it is to upgrade the whole suite to the new version. This means I have to update my editing program, graphics program, everything and that is going to be about $1200. I have been up till 1am trying to fix it. I have no choice, there is no way the the software company is going to release a fix in the next couple of days, but I have to get the update, install it and change all my settings. There goes my Sunday.

Anyway, I had a great weekend, but now, I have a lot of work to get things fixed. Wish me luck.

No comments: