Saturday, January 10, 2009

BIG Day Tomorrow

Everyone knows that I do wedding videos. I have been doing this for more years than I can count, but doing it professionally since 2001. I love the work I do and working the brides has been great. But, to be able to keep doing this fun job, I have to get more brides every year and one of the ways I can do that is with the Premier Bride Wedding Show. The show is tomorrow and I have been working for the past 3 months on rebranding myself and my business. I have redesigned the ad that goes into the Premier Bride magazine, come up with a new sign that will hang in the booth tomorrow and worked very hard on a new demo video that I will hand out. For the past month, I have been thinking about this show at some point every day. This is where I hope to get about 60% of my business from this year.

The thing that has me the most worried is the economy. Let's face it, we all know it is bad. The past week or two there have been story after story in the local news about companies laying off workers, Goody's is closing up, Jewelry Television is laying off more people (I used to work there), Alcoa is letting go of 450 people... The list just keeps going. But, people will still get married and weddings will still be big events. I guess the thing that worries me is will they still spend a bit of money that they may not have?

Leeann has been by my side every step of the way the past couple of months. She has looked at my new demo about 500 times making suggestions along the way, she had a huge say in how the new ad looks but most of all, she keeps me focused on moving forward. I would not have gotten to this point if it had not been for her, I am truly blessed to have her in my life.

17 years ago I was a newly wed not knowing what was in store for us. Not sure of where the road of life would take us, but I am so glad that I had her to go with me on this ride.

No comments: