Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What a week or two it has been

The past two weeks has been a whirwind. It all goes back to my loving bride sitting in a chair on Super Bowl Sunday (Go COLTS !!!) trying to do a little laundry to help get us caught up and to make herself feel like Leeann again. Well, she reached a little too far and pulled a muscle in her stomach. It really hurt and I think more than anything, it scared her. A LOT !!!! What with what she went through in Jan. and all, I would have been a bit scared too. Anyway, I kept telling her it was a pulled muscle, but her mind was going a thousand miles an hour and if you have every pulled a muscle in your abdoman, you know that it is very painful and very hard to heal.

Well, it kept getting worse and worse until we went to our family Dr. and they did an x-ray. Everything looked good, but, they poked her so much it hurt worse. By last Friday, she was in tears when I came home for lunch from work. So, we called the surgen and he got her in for a CT scan later Friday afternoon. The CT scan was clean so, I took the rest of the weekend off and put her in bed with a heating pad and a wet wash cloth to give her some moist heat and told her to stay there. So, I took the weekend to do laundry (two weeks worth), clean house a bit, take care of Katie and the dogs. All the while keeping Leeann in bed the whole time.

Well, it must have worked, because today, she went off to work and has been doing a lot better. I on the other hand of pulled a muscle in my back that really hurts when I raise my right leg. Like when I sit in a char and try to put my foot on a footstool, PAIN. Raise my leg to tie my shoe, PAIN. You get the idea. It is getiting better, but still hurts.

I think I did well this year for Valantines Day. I got her an iPod nano, with a pair of custom made Nike+ shoes with her name on the side. Best of all, I got them all in her favorite color, PINK. But, best of all today Feb. 13, 2007 is the 17th anniversery of when Leeann and I first met. We met at Hamburger Hamlet (a nice little restruant) in Bethesda MD. I had never seen her until that night at 7:30pm. we had talked on the phone a few times, but had never seen each other face to face. When she walked in the door, I knew who she was and also knew at that moment, that she was going to be the one I was going to marry. I know that sounds korny, but it is true. So there a little romance for Valentines Day.


ENJOY.

No comments: