Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Dad, Can I help???

Man, has it been cold. i am not a big fan of cold weather which is strange since I grew up in Indiana. It gets cold up there, but I have just never been a fan of cold weather. I don't want to be outside in the cold, I just want to be wrapped up in a blanket, in bed next to my wife. We went out to the farm this past Monday to put a blanket on Belle. We wanted to put one on her since she is so young and needs to gain some weight. Anyway, it was about 11am and about 21 degrees. The wind was blowing which made it feel like about 12 degrees, my hands and toes were so cold. I had on a long sleeve shirt, hoodie sweat shirt and a heavy coat. I also had on a pair of sweat pants under my jeans (that was a first for me, could not have done that 3 months ago) and I was still cold with all that on. Leeann was enjoying being out at the farm, I was just cold.

Katie has been doing much better, but she still has her days. We get notes from her teacher each Friday about what happened that week. This past week was not a good week for her. Seems that Katie broke her ruler, not a big deal mind you, but she lied about it to her teacher. I have this thing with her about telling lies, I have told her I never be mad at her for telling the truth no matter what it is about, but if she lies to me she is be in twice the trouble. But, it got worse. Seems as though they were working on money and working on making change(I have a hard tiime with that). This little girl was having a hard time getting an answer when my blue eyed sweetie said out loud "Oh my God". She went back and told the little girl she was sorry but she was still in trouble when she got home on Friday. Anyway, she has been working really hard trying to make things better. She has been trying to help around the house and with little things, so today I was moppin and waxing the floors in the upstairs when Katie came up behind me and said "Dad, can I help, please????" How do I say no to that? So, I had her hold the bottle of wax I was using. She was so proud and had the biggest smile and I just had to laugh.

Leeann is doing better, I think she pulled a muscel when she leaned over to pick up some laundry, I got made at her for doing it, but she is doing more and more things, so I have to let her have a little more room everyday.

GO COLTS!!!!!! GO PEYTON!!!!!!! That was the best Super Bowl I have seen in a very long time.

No comments: