Saturday, August 9, 2008

End of vacation

Yes, it is a sad day, the end of a great Florida vacation. As I write this I am sitting in the airport in Orlando getting ready to board our flight back to Knoxville. We had a nice morning with Leeann's dad. We had breakfast with him and his wife. It was nice. We drove down to Orlando from St. Augustine with plenty of time to spare.

We got to the airport and found out we had to wait an hour before we could check into our airline. That was fine, we went to the side area and found a couple of seats to just wait it out. As we were sitting down this blonde lady came up to me and said "It is amazing the people you meet in an airport" and started hugging me. I though who in the hell is this lady and why is she hugging me? Come to find out it is my aunt Barbara from my mom's side of the family. We spent the hour waiting just talking to her. She is one of my favorite family members from my mom's side of the family. Found out she lives here in Florida and was going to Knoxville on the same flight we are on. She is going to see her dad in Kingsport, TN. He is not doing well and she is making an overnight trip to see him.

Well, they are about to call our flight. Back to work, back to a normal life. SO SADDDDDD.

And, get this, Katie starts school on Monday, that is nuts if you ask me.

No comments: